Monday, June 15, 2009

Market summary

Markets pulled back today on heavier volume than Friday and is in support area now. How markets handle this pullback now will give some hint into further direction. I had mentioned that bulls were not as strong as they looked an dinternals were weakening and today bears overpowered. It will be interesting to see if it would be just a normal pullback or something more. For now I expect some sideways consolidation and I dont expect just a rapid decline from here.
Sector wise commodities led to biggest declines while all the sectors were in red today. Only bright spots were dollar and Natgas today.
I have been pounding table that Nat gas is buy for long term portfolio as volume is heaviest ever in natgas etf in last few weeks. I am still holding all my position in Natgas both in trading and my ira acct. I think Natgas train is just leaving and a pullback tomorrow can be bought.
I closed lot of my long positions today BWEN, ICO for profit while ILMN, HPQ for small losses.
I also closed my BGZ and SDS hedges for profit while holding FAZ and SRS for more downside.

Follow me on twitter for real time trade updates.
www.twitter.com/sidshar

No comments: